Monday, December 28, 2009

In which we resume




Sorry about that pause in programming, folks. Your favorite assistant fell in love.

I lost my perspective; all the submissions looked entertaining and purposeful through the haze of my rosy glow. My interns finished their semester and I was left alone to frolic like so in the mountain of creativity that is the slushpile. Its anthropomorphism captured the essence of what it is to be a writer's pet these days. I found its many overused tropes insightful and warranted; the alliteration, alluring. Even the Crazy was a joy to invite into my brain. What need had I for a point to each story? The journey was its own reward!

Stop it, now. Breathe. The love must be tough.

Now that the serotonin dump has leveled out a bit, onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment